Associate Professor Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, OHIO
Dr. Jadwisienczak primarily focuses on fundamental properties of wide band gap semiconductors for optoelectronics. Specifically, he is involved with spectroscopy of III-nitrides doped with lanthanides. Recently, he initiated work on development of solid state deep UV light sources for germicidal applications an photo-chemistry of water. Dr. Jadwisienczak received a M.S. degree in microelectronics from Nicolas Copernicus University, Poland in 1995 and a Ph.D. degree for the study of III-nitride semiconductors from Ohio University in 2001. Since 2001 he has been affiliated at different professorship ranks with the School of EECS in the Russ College of Engineering and Technology at Ohio University. He is a member of American Physical Society, Materials Research Society (MRS) and Optical Society of America. He has published more than 50 scientific papers and is a recipient of the Young Scientist Award, E-MRS 2000, Strasbourg, France, the 2001 Smith Memorial Engineering Award, Ohio University, and the 2011 NSF CAREER award.
Below is a list of five publications relevant to the proposed research.
- A. Khan, S. Khan, and W. M. Jadwisienczak, “One Step Growth of ZnO Nano-Tetrapods by Simple Thermal Evaporation Process: Structural and Optical Properties,” Scien. Adv. Mat., Vol. 2 572 (2010).
- W. M. Jadwisienczak, R. Palai, J. Wang, H. Tanaka , J. Wu, H. Huhtinen, and A. Anders, “Optical Activity of Ferromagnetic Ytterbium Doped III-Nitride Epilayers,” Phys. Stat. Sol. (c), Vol. 8 2185 (2010).
- W. M. Jadwisienczak, J. Wang, H. Tanaka, J. Wu, A. Rivera, R. Palai, H. Huhttinen, and A. Anders, “Optical and Magnetic Properties of GaN Epilayers Implanted with Ytterbium,” J. of Rare Earth, Vol. 28 931 (2010).
- W. M. Jadwisienczak, K. Wisniewski, M. Spencer, T. Thomas, and D. Ingram, “Optical Properties, Luminescence Quenching Mechanism, and Radiation Hardness of Eu-doped GaN Red Powder Phosphor,” Radiation Measur., 45, 500-504 (2010).
- T. Koubaa, M. Dammak, M. Kammoun, W. M. Jadwisienczak, and H. J. Lozykowski, “Crystal Field and Zeeman parameters of Substitutional Yb3+ Ion in GaN,” J. Alloys and Compounds, Vol.496, 56–60 (2010).